I like to keep my wardrobe pretty much full of staples. I love trends, but my style is overall classic and doesn’t stray far from the essentials.
Every year I update one of my major staples for each season. By staples I mean my trench coat, my black tote for work, a solid gold bangle, things that are never going out of style.
This year I’m in serious need of a new cape/shawl situation. I love a good cape because it’s a little more mobile than a jacket and perfect for cool mornings turning to warm afternoons.
I think I found a good frontrunner for my option this year and it’s a seriously good deal. While I was at it, I found a few more options for my favorite fall staples in case there’s something you need to update this season.
- Topshop Moto Destroyed Denim – I have a pair of these and they are seriously perfect. Topshop gets that I need my jeans to sit a little higher because this isn’t 2002.
- Calvin Klein Trench – I love my trench. It’s perfect for any season and any occasion. Even better, this one is less than $100.
- Sole Society Lyriq Bootie – I’m a huge fan of Sole Society in case you aren’t already shopping with them. They make incredible shoes and at affordable prices. Bonus they are actually comfortable as well as cute.
- Asos Plain Grey Cape – This is my pick for updating my cape this year. I love how much easier to move around it is and it works for that just cooler weather where you don’t need a coat. And looks so adorable with a belt, which is a good excuse for me to wear one of the 800 belts I own. Even better, this one is only $30!
- Blush Wool Hat – I love a good hat, especially in the fall. Because my wardrobe is mainly made of cream, blush, black, and grey, this blush option is perfect to add some color to an all cream outfit.
- Plaid Blanket Scarf – I seriously love a good blanket scarf. I wrote a whole post about them last week which you can read here if you want more options. This one might be one of my favorites of all time and such a steal.
- Land’s End Women’s Duck Boots – These duck boots are seriously one of the most popular items of all time. Last year they sold out by November. Perfect for all weather types and a perfect color for Fall. Snatch yours up while they still have them!
- Sole Society Fringe Crossbody Bag – Not only do they make awesome shoes, Sole Society has tons of cute bags and accessories too. I have been wanting a good fringe bag for Fall and this one is the perfect size.
- Hunter Boots – The ultimate in all weather footwear, Hunter boots are a staple in so many people’s closets. I live for my Hunter boots especially having to walk a dog multiple times a day in all sorts of weather. These boots are totally worth the investment as they last several years if you are nice to them.
- Cupcakes and Cashmere Turtleneck Sweater – There is nothing more Fall than a good cable-knit sweater. I live for a comfy, cozy cream sweater on crisp Fall days. This one from Cupcakes and Cashmere is perfect and so soft. It’s also long enough for girls like me who need a little length on their sweaters.